17 EXERCISE TIPS DURING PREGNANCY
Doing regular exercise is essential for a healthy pregnancy. In this article, we bring you 17 exercise tips during pregnancy. But first, you must be sensitive to the kind of exercises you do. You must consult your doctor and discuss the best form for you.
1. Do not exhaust yourself. Light to moderate exercises are enough.
2. Slow down as pregnancy progresses.
3. If you become breathless, then you’re exercising too much.
4. You must have been exercising before. If you didn’t, do not suddenly take up strenuous exercise.
5. Exercise does not have to be strenuous to be beneficial.
6. Warm yourself up before exercising.
7. Keep active for about 30 minutes a day. Try
8. Drink plenty of water and other fluids.
9. During summer avoid strenuous exercises.
10. Walking is a great exercise.
11. Don’t lie flat on your back especially after 16 weeks of pregnancy.
12. Avoid contact sports like football or wrestling.
13. Avoid horse-riding or downward skiing.
14. Avoid scuba-diving.
15. Avoid altitude exercising at heights over 2500m above sea-level.
16. Avoid any exercise with lots of twists and turns.
17. Do any exercise that strengthens your stomach, pelvic floor muscles, back muscles and joints.